Thursday, May 3, 2012

Sriracha Soy Salmon

The red rooster called me. The world is solved with sriracha. 

It's the end of the week and I'm running low on fresh foods in the fridge. Praise for freezers full of wholesome, quick goodness.

Threw the salmon in a quick teriyaki marinade while I walked the dog. Stir fry veg and brown rice called me from the freezer.


When it comes to frozen foods, I prefer to keep things simple, steering clear of things with prepared sauces. Straight up frozen veg...nothing else. 


I said to self, "I want this to taste like yummy asian stuff," so these are my go-tos for sauce. Flavor packed sesame oil, a touch of soy and rice wine vinegar. 



Stir fry in a bit of neutral oil and make a it saucy at the end. We all like it saucy, right? 




Killer secret ingredient...sriracha salt. Combine sea salt with a few tablespoons of the red rooster and let it dry out for a day or two. I made it as Christmas gift  for my sriracha-addicted brother and kept some for myself. Subtle and spicy. Can't even talk about how good it is on edamame...can't even articulate it.



Salmon came out of the broiler with looking crusty and delectable. Teriyaki caramelized bliss.



 Big surprise, I finished with the good stuff. Where would I be without you red rooster?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat! Add your comment here. Note, there may be a delay in posting for comment moderation.