Thursday, May 10, 2012

Tuna Steaks with Tomato and Red Pepper

What to do on a weeknight when you get home and are stressed and starving? Fish...lean...quick-cooking. I'm all in. 


Started with the good stuff... tuna, cherry tomatoes, red pepper, onion, lemon and basil. Found some frozen lentils in the fridge. Big thank you Mr. Microwave. 



I was craving color and flavor. This was turning into a red, red meal with paprika, salt and pepper. 

Thinly sliced an onion and two red peppers. Sauteed them together until the peppers softened and the onions turned golden and sticky. I added halved tomatoes and cooked until their luscious juice seeped. Cleared a spot in the middle and added my fish with a subtle sizzle. 


Contemplated what the future would hold (you know... the rest of my life) until my fish got toasty. How very quarter-life crisis of me. Turned after three or so minutes. 




What a pretty red pile. Lentils laid the foundation with tuna as a firm build. Haphazardly the peppers, tomatoes and onions joined the mix. Basil boldly founds its way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat! Add your comment here. Note, there may be a delay in posting for comment moderation.