Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Weeknight Veg Bowl

This is why I always try to keep pre-cooked quinoa in my freezer. When weeknight dinner comes all I have to do is spend a few minutes chopping and sauteing. I started with basil turkey sausage, onion, cherry tomato and peas. 


Things got to smelling good and I found cannellini beans in the pantry and spinach in the freezer. Keeping a bag on hand is a great way to add good nutrition to any meal. It's a weekday... always good to aim for healthy.


Added some jarred pesto (I like the Trader Joe's brand) and a splash of balsamic once things started to smell good.



Remove from heat before those 'maters fall apart, but cook at least long enough for them to release their luscious juice. Serve over that quinoa you've reheated from the freezer. Add obligatory sprinkle of parm.



Don't forget the wine. You've had a hard day.




I never forget the wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat! Add your comment here. Note, there may be a delay in posting for comment moderation.