Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Simple Secret: Arugula Pesto

If you have a food processor, pesto is pretty much the easiest sauce ever, yet people still think you're a fancy lady. I like when people think I'm fancy, so as you might imagine, I've done a lot of pesto. Shh.... don't reveal my lack of refinement.

And get this, kids... You can make pesto with things other than basil. Cue the chorus of angels, that's a lot of easy sauces. Perhaps this makes me a liberal elite, but I did this pesto with arugula. Quick... name that 2007 conservative campaign tune. 


Say what you will about this fancy green. It's friggin' delicious no matter what side of the aisle you're on.

Stay tuned for a delicious recipe using arugula pesto.

Arugula Pesto
4 cups arugula
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
3 garlic cloves
1/4 cup olive oil
S&P

Combine all ingredients in a food processor, with the exception of the olive oil. Pulse until chopped and then turn on processor and stream-in oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat! Add your comment here. Note, there may be a delay in posting for comment moderation.